With the fast pace of technology development, one of the simplest solutions for road lightning facilities is solar street lights. Solar street lights are a solution for using street lighting lamps that provide lighting in traffic spaces, using solar panel technology as a source of electrical energy. The type of lamp used is an LED (Light-Emitting Diode), with a total wattage capacity that can be adjusted as needed. LED lamps were chosen because the wattage capacity of the lamp is much smaller than the type of metal halide lamp or fluorescent lamp but can provide the same bright light. The selection of lumens (electrical current converted into light current by a light source, which is an electronic device) and lamp power can also be adjusted according to the type of road.
Based on that brief explanation of solar street lights, you can see that searching for an all in one solar street light is highly demanded. This article will guide you through this subject so you can better comprehend solar powered street lights and what you need to know if you decided to utilize them.
Solar street light components
In installing the solar LED street light, there are two kinds of components used, namely: main components and general/complementary components. The main components include:
- Solar panels; The main component that functions to produce electricity.
- Battery; This component serves to store the electrical power that the solar panels have generated. The type of battery that is widely used today is Lithium,
- Solar charger controller (SCC); This component regulates the charge from the solar panel to the battery and discharges from the battery to the lamp.
- Lamp: Component used as a source of lighting.
- Meanwhile, the general/complementary components include:
- Solar panel stand; Serves as a support for solar panels on poles.
- PJU poles; Have a height adjusted to the needs and type of road, ranging from 6 meters to 12 meters. Usually, these poles are made of an iron plate, which is given a layer of Hot Deep Galvanize (HDG).
- Cables and other complementary accessories.
Choosing the right solar street light system
To determine the right system, always remember the following three things that often become a problem:
The source of electrical energy comes from the sun, not batteries. So make sure the solar panel capacity is greater than the lamp power requirement per day (watts x usage time). Batteries are an essential component for storing energy but are most susceptible to damage. Make sure to choose the battery according to your needs. Each type of street has different lighting requirements; make sure you understand them. Because if you determine your needs incorrectly, you can’t get the proper lighting.
There are several easy steps to determine the need for the right solar street light system, namely:
- Determine your lamp’s power requirements, then multiply it by the length of time it lasts. Then the results obtained are your total power requirements for a day.
- Solar panels: To determine the capacity of a solar panel, the simplest calculation is to divide the result of the total power requirement per day by the peak sun hour (PSH).
- Battery: To determine battery capacity, consider Autonomy Day (OD) and Deep of Discharge (DOD). OD is the ability of the system to survive without solar energy. The formula used is 1+n, where n is the day without solar energy. While DOD is the maximum battery capacity that can be used. Ideally, the system will use 80% of the battery power.
- SCC: To determine the type of SCC used, check the system voltage used by the battery and the Short Circuit Current (Isc) of the solar panel.
- Other complementary components, such as PJU poles, battery boxes, cables, connectors, and so on, are used as needed.
The way solar lights work is quite simple. The lamp is a power load that must be turned on for a certain period of time. Turning the lights on or off can be done automatically using a light sensor or a timer.
- The light sensor is placed on the lamp so that when the sun is not there, the sensor will turn on the lamp automatically.
- A timer is placed between the SCC and the lamp. This controller will help turn on and off the lights according to user needs.
The lamp power supply arrangement is carried out by the SCC. This component will regulate the energy discharge process to the lamp and charge energy to the battery from the solar panel. The discharge process is a condition where the lamp gets electric power from the battery to light up. While the charging process is the process of supplying electrical power to the battery from the solar panel. As long as this process occurs without problems, the street lamps can function properly to provide street lighting.
Choosing the best manufacturer for solar powered street light
The main issue with this solar powered street light is it is so easy for you to discover many manufacturers out there but unable to find the one that can give you the best quality. In the end, the life span of solar street lights only lasts for about a year and with huge expense for its maintenance. We at Shenzhen Moonlight Technology Co., Ltd is a dedicated solar street light manufacturer serving only the best quality solar street light system for our clients globally.
In addition, we know exactly what you need when it comes to an all in one solar street light. With years of experience in this industry, we invented Cmoonlight, an integrated solar street light with considerable price and cost saving for installation, maintenance, and shipping costs. Besides, Cmoonlight has certification CB IECEE Saber SASO PC SC from Saudi Arabia. We know that our solar street light can deliver the quality that you want, unlike any other manufacturers in the market. Interested to find out more about Cmoonligth all in one solar street light? You can reach us at the Cmoonlight website for further information.